Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) is a type of scan that uses magnetic fields and radio waves to diagnose conditions that affect tissue and bone in any part of the body. The patient lies inside the scanner – a large tube – while the scan takes place. At Practice Plus Group Diagnostics, Buckinghamshire we offer:
- fast access to private MRI scans
- clear pricing with no hidden charges
- high levels of cleanliness and infection control
- a state of the art Siemens Avanto 1.5 Tesla scanner, delivering excellent image quality and accurate reporting
- a large calming room, with mood lighting and relaxing music, putting you at ease.
Find out more about what happens during an MRI scan.
How do I get referred for a private MRI scan?
Getting referred is quick and easy at Practice Plus Group and you can benefit from shorter waiting times, with referral to scan within one week*.
There are two ways you can access a private MRI scan with us:
- Self-referral – you can self-refer in one of three ways:
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fill in the ‘enquire now’ form on this page
- Call us on 0330 173 1313
A member of our team will ask you some questions about the reason for the scan, your general health and GP details etc, and then we will book your scan. Using the self-referral method means no referral is needed from your GP or other healthcare professional.
- Referral from a healthcare professional:
- If you are already receiving treatment, you can ask your GP, physiotherapist, osteopath or chiropractor to fill in our MRI request referral form and email it to us at email@example.com
- Once we have received your referral form we’ll be in touch with you directly, to book your scan.
If you would like more information before booking, you can also chat to us directly to get more information by calling us on 0330 173 1313 or by filling in the enquiry form on this page, and one of our friendly team will be happy to answer any questions you have.
What MRI scans do you offer?
We can offer a large range of MRI scans including:
- musculoskeletal (MSK): bone joints, spine, sacroiliac joint
- head: inner ear, brain, pituitary, orbits, sinuses
- pelvis: gynaecology, bony pelvis
- magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography (MRCP): hepatobiliary and pancreatic systems, including the liver, gallbladder, bile ducts, pancreas and pancreatic duct
- lumps and bumps
Unfortunately we cannot offer scans for:
- suspected cancer
- contrast studies
- patients under age of 16
- patients weighing over 25 stone (subject to assessment).
Pricing and ways to pay
Our pricing is simple and transparent.
- MRI scan – one body part, £305
- MRI scan – two body parts, £510
- MRI scan – three body parts, £715
- MRI scan – four body parts, £920
- MRI scan – five body parts, £1,125
- MRI scan – six body parts, £1,330
- MRI scan – six plus body parts, quote by enquiry
Payment is by credit / debit card upon booking your scan. We accept most major credit cards, with the exception of American Express and Diners Club cards.
All prices are subject to change without prior notice.
Prices will be explained to you in advance of payment.
How will I get my results?
A radiologist will look at the images from your scan, and the results report will be available within two days. If you were referred for your scan by a healthcare professional e.g. your GP, physiotherapist etc, then the report will be sent directly to them. If you did not have a referral (self-referred) then we will always send the report back to the GP that you gave us the details of upon your enquiry and booking. You can then book an appointment with the appropriate person to discuss the results of your MRI scan.
If you would like a copy of your image(s), these will be sent to you using a secure image portal called the Image Exchange Portal (IEP) within 14 days of your scan. Should you also require a copy of the formal radiologist report, this should be obtained from the healthcare professional who referred you, or your GP if you self-referred. However, this can also be provided via the secure portal, upon request.
Contact our dedicated private patient contact centre today:
Call: 0330 173 1313
* Waiting times based on referral to scan from October 2022 data.